I'm struggling today...Rocco decided last night that he no longer wishes to sleep in his crate...he let me know by barking, crying and whining (though not necessarily always in that order, he mixed it up a little. 'bark whine cry bark bark whine cry whine bark cry') for hours. He finally gave up around 2:30, only to start again around 6:15. Needless to say I got very little sleep.
Then I went to feed him...and wouldn't you know I was out of kibble. Lucky for me his Auntie Bobbe hooked me up with some canned food when I first got him, so he got the good stuff for breakfast today. Lucky dog!
Tomorrow the Commercial Arts program from Watertown is coming to hear from designers at Daktronics and tour our facilities. I'm excited and a little nervous...I think I've got a good schedule set up for them and I've picked relevant topics, but public speaking is not my thing. I always did poorly in high school debate class and college speech...I talk too fast, my hands shake, my face gets all red, etc etc. It's worse depending on the general age of the group. Children and adults are much easier for me than college or high school kids. A leftover fear of judgment from my youth perhaps...at least I'll be talking about design, not say Astrophysics. Wish me luck.
4 comments:
best of luck. you'll do wonderful, you know your stuff and they're just going to be impressed by what you do.
Thanks Kac! It went pretty well...though by the end of it they seemd kinda bored. The class has two exchange students, one from Taiwan and one from Norway. I didn't get a chance to talk to them one on one, but I'm told the kid from Taiwan doesn't speak much english. You should've seen the kids, they ranged from chain wallet spiked hair and nose rings to tiny sweaters and fancy curled hair. Quite the group.
It was fun though!
c.lynn,
I talked to Mrs. B. today and she was very impressed by the job you did with her students on the tour and presentation yesterday. She said you were very organized (does not surprise me). Keep those picures of Rocco coming. We love to see how he is growing and changing.
Curt
That was sweet of her, I'm really excited to be involved in the program. Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment