You can learn to play...Guitar!
I signed up for a Sing Along Guitar class offered through the Brookings Adult Education Program. Tonight was our second class. Our instructor Pastor Jeff is sweet and funny and of course a great guitar player. I'm having a lot of fun and learning some neat things like how to read tablature and why I should avoid songs that require playing the G7 chord (Pastor Jeff didn't teach us that, I just think it's hard!).
There are about 15 people in the class, and surprisingly (to me anyway) a wide array of age groups. I don't know why I thought it'd be mostly college kids, but it's a good thing I didn't sign up to meet men! Besides Pastor Jeff there are only three guys, two older married gentlemen and one guy in high school. The rest are ladies, mostly....well not old but older than my mom I guess. It's a fun group.
Maybe the next time the family gets together I'll be able to take requests...but please, no Free Bird. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment