Yay Jack! Yay guitar!
The new Jack Johnson cd came out on Tuesday, Sing-a-Longs & Lullabies For The Film Curious George, it's pretty sweet! My favorite is "The Sharing Song". He does a ton of finger picking and other neat strumming techniques that really tie into my guitar class. Pastor Jeff has taught us how to do some of that, and hearing Jack play it is super inspiring.
Yay Jack! Yay guitar!
Listen to the tracks and tell me if you recognize the guest singer on the "My Own Two Hands" track. It's actually a remake of a song by the same name by another popular 'folk funk' artist. Nate, you better know the answer to this...
Camping at the Palisades
Karl and I went camping Saturday night with our friends Jon and Emily. We had a great time! We stayed in a rented (heated) cabin and Jon grilled the kabobs Emily and I built on an open fire pit! The cabin has a beautiful deck overlooking a creek and it was nice and quiet being winter and all. We played Mexican Train Dominoes (very popular with Karl and I since Christmas at the Ehresmann's) and drank homemade hot chocolate (Em can I get that recipe?) and wine out of campbell's soup cups. It was super fun. Emily took some amazing photos too, check them out on Emily's PaD.
Who knew camping in the winter could be so much fun?
Book Club
I'm in a book club with some ladies from work and tonight we had our first book discussion. We read Incendiary by Chris Cleave. The book got a lot of negative media attention because it's a book about a terrorist bombing in London that was released on the same day as the terrorist bombing in London. Creepy eh? We had really good discussion about characters and possible sub-themes and deeper meanings behind repeated phrases and tons of other things. I haven't had to do much critical thinking, in terms of books anyway, in many years and it all kind of comes back with a little open discussion you know? Well it was fun and I'm excited to pick a book when it's my turn. My problem is that they won't let me choose a book I've already read and I'm afraid to pick one I haven't already read.
So I need a good book that will inspire good discussion, and it has to be narrative, no self-helpers. Any suggestions? Curt? Coleen? Lynn? Jill?
Help!
3 comments:
Crystal,
How about "Five people you meet in Heaven", I read it a couple years ago and still am reminded of it by events in my life.
Dad
That's a good one, I hadn't thought of it and I haven't read it. Great suggestion Dad, thanks.
Note to self - MUST give Crystal recipe!!! Yeah, so it's much too late for me to be at Dak on a Friday night.... argh... Great reading your blog though while I'm waiting for the stupid satellite connection!
Post a Comment