Pages

2.09.2010

Date Night


On Saturday, Karl took me to dinner at Grille 26. I had the Chicken Risotto and he had the Chicken Marsala, there was a wait so we ate in the lounge area where a musician was playing. He was quite good, he played the trombone with one hand and the piano with the other! When I saw him pull out the trombone I was thinking Yikes! This is going to be loud! But it blended in nicely. He sang a little too! We enjoyed dinner very much.

Then Karl took me to the symphony at the Washington Pavilion. The first part featured a local pianist who was exceptional. The second part was a series of pieces by a gentleman called Gustav something or other. That was very nice too.

After the symphony we walked over to pick up my folks who were in town on their own date night and enjoying the jazz and food at Touch of Europe. We finished the band's set and drove them to their hotel and then we went home. I didn't get to bed until almost 1am, which as you may know is VERY late for me these days!! It was a great date. Thanks Karl!!

1 comment:

Steph Zerbe said...

ohh, so sweet. Sounds like a perfect evening.