1st Project from the New Studio!
I'd read about a freezer paper stenciling project and have been anxious to try it. What better first project for the new studio? Especially if could make baby stuff, right?! I got onsies, a couple of baby shirts and the paint ages ago. Today I picked up the freezer paper.
First I needed art to stencil. I printed these out on my printer on regular paper.
The first shirt.
I traced the design onto the non-shiny side of the freezer paper then cut it out with an exacto. After that I ironed the freezer paper, shiny side down onto the shirt, with an extra piece on the back to stop seepage.
Then the fun part. Paint!
Looks good, right? Well it will.
See?
Ta da!! How stinkin' cute is that? And one-of-a-kind too as the stencil can only be used once. I could make a new stencil from the same design, but it wouldn't be exactly the same. Cool, huh?
So then I stenciled another shirt with a new design.
And then another.
This one I got creative with the paint. A little gradient action.
And the final products. What do you think? Baby E will be stylin', right?! They're washable, the fabric paint is supposed to stay soft and they are SO FUN to make!!
I'd read about a freezer paper stenciling project and have been anxious to try it. What better first project for the new studio? Especially if could make baby stuff, right?! I got onsies, a couple of baby shirts and the paint ages ago. Today I picked up the freezer paper.
2 comments:
I like the worm one.
Growing up with three sisters, I ALWAYS got a REACTION when I came around them with a handful of WORMS!!
Shut up sis, these are too awesome!
Love the step by step instructions and pics!!! I can't wait to see more of your studio and projects!!!!
Post a Comment