Pages

7.30.2010

A few yard shots.

It can't always be about Willa, can it? Yes. Yes it can. This time it just isn't. :)

I'm attempting to root out a couple pieces of this Virgina Creeper to get it going up the other side. So far, nada.

These little elegant numbers are just beautiful. I have a few colors of this, but Mom will need to remind me of the name in a comment. Mom?

Is this yellow one a weed Mom? If so, it's a pretty one. Dainty. Delicate.

Another one of the pretty but nameless.

Miss Tilly balloon flowers. They're more red-purple in person.

No idea what these are called either. Some friends were over the other night and asked me if I could name what's in the yard. I did a fair job, but I obviously need a refresher.

Bumble bee.

Barberry, Phlox, Day Lilies, Russian Sage.

Tiger Lily.

Dragonfly on a hosta bloom. We've had an unusually high number of dragonflies this year. As a matter of fact, they must be breeding in our backyard, because in year's past we've seen maybe 3. There were 5 flitting on and off just this plant as I was taking pictures.

This Margherite plant didn't do well in the house over the winter. I set it outside and forgot about it after Willa was born and lo and behold it came back with a vengeance. Looks great now, especially with all the rain we've been getting.

A thriving Cinnamon Basil plant. Any suggestions for cooking with Cinnamon Basil?

2 comments:

pelicanl said...

First comes the KNACK, the NAMES will soon follow.... you are definately down with the first one!!
Dad

Anonymous said...

#2&4 are Blackberry Lilies. #3 is a Moonbeam Coreopsis, & #6 is a Blackeyed Susan (Rudbeckia hirta)
(had to google to verify}. Also, don't need to root out VC, as we have plenty to get rid of - Mom