Willa Began Daycare Monday Morning
I can't begin to express how amazing Willa is and how much she means to Karl and me. She brings limitless joy to our lives with her radiant smile and she charms us with every new/funny/smart/cute move she makes. She's beautiful and funny and more than we could have imagined was possible.
Jill read a special poem at our wedding, and those words mean as much to us today as they did then, only now our love for Willa is carried in our hearts too.
In short, WE LOVE HER. As big as the sky, and to the moon and back.
Over the weekend we prepped for her big first day at daycare. I put W's on nearly everything that would stay there in her basket.
I made her a swaddler for daycare, because she likes to be wrapped up tight when she sleeps. I put her name on that too.
This was the night before. Hard to imagine this sweet faced girl spending her day with someone else. We know she'll love it, what with the playing and the reading and all the other kids, but it was scary and stressful too. For us, at least.
Before we left she was listening to her music and staring at the blue bird.
I snapped this last pic before I took her out of the car and into Andrea's house. Funny face, right?
Well I took her in, with all her special Willa-labeled gear and I set her on the floor in her carseat and put her stuff away and told Andrea when Willa had eaten last. I unbuckled her chest straps and kissed her beautiful baby cheek and then I cried. I told her I loved her and whispered how much fun she would have and that I'd see her later. I cried in the car, I cried telling Karl how I cried, and I kept crying all the way to work.
A year ago we didn't yet know we were pregnant, and today my heart broke to give her away, even if only for a few hours.
What a DRAMA QUEEN I've turned out to be.
(She had a great day, by the way. Slept, played and spit-up: it was business as usual!)
I can't begin to express how amazing Willa is and how much she means to Karl and me. She brings limitless joy to our lives with her radiant smile and she charms us with every new/funny/smart/cute move she makes. She's beautiful and funny and more than we could have imagined was possible.
Jill read a special poem at our wedding, and those words mean as much to us today as they did then, only now our love for Willa is carried in our hearts too.
In short, WE LOVE HER. As big as the sky, and to the moon and back.
Well I took her in, with all her special Willa-labeled gear and I set her on the floor in her carseat and put her stuff away and told Andrea when Willa had eaten last. I unbuckled her chest straps and kissed her beautiful baby cheek and then I cried. I told her I loved her and whispered how much fun she would have and that I'd see her later. I cried in the car, I cried telling Karl how I cried, and I kept crying all the way to work.
A year ago we didn't yet know we were pregnant, and today my heart broke to give her away, even if only for a few hours.
What a DRAMA QUEEN I've turned out to be.
(She had a great day, by the way. Slept, played and spit-up: it was business as usual!)
1 comment:
I read this post while waiting for Jake at Speech and it made me cry and then I cried even more after I read you cried telling Karl and all the way to work.
You are such a strong and brave mommy. I remember the first time someone babysat Jake... it went a little like this.
Post a Comment