Pages

1.06.2008



Our New and Improved Bedroom!

Karl and I painted our bedroom yesterday. It was really the finishing touch the room needed. We pulled the colors from our bedclothes and tried a little fancy-schmancy business above the bed. The bottom photo is a ladder Karl and I made together. It is fashioned from bamboo. Karl used his electric saw to cut the rungs down to size for me and then we used screws to fasten the rungs to the poles. A trick if you're cutting or drilling into a fragile wood like bamboo, tape where you plan to cut/drill and the cut/hole won't splinter. Remove tape before fastening!! We started to fasten one of the rungs with tape still on...Anyhow, the ladder won't hold much weight, but it was for decorative purposes anyway so now it artfully holds my draped shawl.

Grandma Viv, if you read this, notice the birds on/in the white boxes in photo 2, those are from you! I finally found a lovely home for them.

Steph if you read this look in the other white box in photo 2, it displays that great figurine from Afghanistan. I think the bedroom is perfect for that particular statue!

Mom/Coleen/Kari, if you read this, the blue bedspread is from the after Thanksgiving sale at Herbergers, remember I wanted the tan one? Well the light blue side ended up matching nicely to the blues already in the room, it was kismet!!
Auntie Jan, if you read this, those vases are from you, a wedding gift. Thanks!

5 comments:

pelicanl said...

It looks great! How do you guys get so much done in so little time?
- Mom

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHH, love the blue. It's so soothing and clean. HI ROCCO. What a cutie pie!!
Dig the jewelry wall hangings. And the pillows are totally sheek and modern! Love the stitching on the bed spread. Ya did good! Must show you our latest makeover now... this is fun....

The Hansons said...

You and Steph are amazing! I love the way you painted the area behind your bed! Everything is accented so beautifully! I am so excited for you to come out! I think I will have to put you to work though. My house could use a makeover too! I would love to have your creative input!
Love, Moe

pelicanl said...

WOW!!! If I ever want to watch paint DRY, this would be FIRST on my list... DAD

m--e said...

Can you come to Shanghai and do our apartment? Our major accomplishment was hanging up 4 paintings.... we could really use an interior designer. and think of how much fun it would be trying to figure out where to buy things!