Pages

12.06.2009

Paris, Day 1 Part 2

After lunch we went to The Louvre. The Louvre also used to be a royal palace.



One of the glass pyramids over the entrance to the museum.

A ceiling fresco.

A statue.

Venus de Milo

What's left of an archangel statue, don't recall the name.

A sphinx.

A pretty lady with her violin.

A collage painting of paintings.


Karl's favorite painting, The Coronation of Napoleon. The people in the painting are lifesize and there is a copy at Versailles, where we visited the next day.

The Louvre is HUGE, we didn't get anywhere near seeing everything. Fun fact for you: If you stood for one minute in front of each piece it would take you 4 months to see everything!

2 comments:

cre said...

I will enjoy "traveling" with you seeing the sites we saw in 2005.
;)CRE

Steph Zerbe said...

4 months. I beg to differ... is that a challenge? I can't resist!