Pages

12.08.2009

Paris Day 2, Part 1

On Sunday we took the train to Versailles. Once the hunting lodge of Louis XIV it now houses art and furniture of the time.



Exterior shots. Fancy gold gate.

I took this partial shot of a painting in the hall where paintings from great French battles hang. This one is special because it portrays George Washington during the Revolutionary War. I thought is was interesting they find a battle on American soil one of their great battles.

This is the first stop on the tour, the chapel where the Royal family and the court worshiped. Royal family on the top tier, directly in front of where I'm standing to take the photo and the court along the sides.

I took a closeup of this statue because I thought the tiger had FREAKY eyes. :) Below is the full statue.


A grandfather clock in one of the apartments of Versailles.

The Hall of Mirrors.



Beds of Versailles.


Outside Versailles. Cold and windy. Rainy as well. The area out back would be beautiful to walk around in warmer weather. I was desperately hoping for a labyrinth, but no luck! I thought ALL European manors had big 'ole mazes in back somewhere.

1 comment:

Steph Zerbe said...

I might find more time to worship if my Worship Place was this magnificent.
Hmmmm. Is that sad or what?