2.12.2012
Rocco
I didn't paint this, first off, I found it in this etsy shop. But Karl and I both thought it looks just like our boy. He's 6 and he's still nearly as cute as the day we brought him home from a farm. He's a good boy, protective of Willa, who offers him hugs regularly. He doesn't like to play with her, and will eventually walk away if she pays too much attention to him, but he doesn't show any distress at her petting and loving on him. She excitedly squeals 'Puppy!' when she sees him or hears him barking outside and she's very strict about him huffing up the leftovers on her chair, scolding him to 'Get down!'. Hopefully he'll gain a bit more affection for her as she gets older, I think perhaps he's holding a grudge against her for coming into our family. Poor guy has no idea he's about to be further outnumbered as we're expecting another baby e this summer. For now he'll no doubt continue to nap and eat and Willa will keep trying to be his friend and throw toys for him to fetch.
Happy Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Cute picture. It does look like Rocco. Fun way of announcing your news. And a sweet story about Rocco & Willa.
I thought for sure you worked a little magic in Photoshop to make this watercolor of Rocco. Too funny. What a funny story. Poor Rocco. I'm sorry, THIS is how you announce the new little one on your blog? ....I am in the process of making OFFICIAL announcements. So, boy or girl you will have a handmade way to celebrate with all via snail mail and here while you are busy with two! HUGS!
Post a Comment