Our newest member joined the family July 21st at 4:06am. This birth was in some ways similar to Willa's, and in others very different. My water broke at around 830pm July 20th (the Friday before we'd have been at 38 weeks, just like with Willa!). Little brother Ryan happened to be at the house with me and Willa, so he called Karl at work to come home while I called the midwife. I got my first contraction around 10pm (very unlike Willa's birth, which required Pitocin to get things going almost 24 hours after my water broke.) and decided to rest. Karl and I went for a little walk outside around 1am and then decided to go to bed until I couldn't talk through the contractions anymore, around 230am. We headed for the hospital then, and had to stop once on the way because I felt I might get sick (this happened often during my labor with Willa and is a sign of transition into the pushing bit of birth!) and I said to Karl, "Wouldn't it be awesome if I was like 7cm dilated and in transition?". We checked in at emergency and they wheeled me up to labor and delivery around 3am. The nurse checked me and I was at 7cm! The contractions were closer together and very painful and suddenly I was ready to push and 8 or so contractions later
Marek Curtis Burton was cradled on my chest!
Marek Curtis Burton was cradled on my chest!
He weighed 6lbs 15oz, was 19" long and has dark blonde hair and blue eyes. Unlike Willa, he doesn't look a thing like me, or much like Karl either, he's seems to have a fair amount of Hanson in him as he looks a little like Ryan did when he was a baby. We brought Marek home the next day and he's thriving! Already 7lbs .5oz at his one week visit with the pediatrician. He's an absolute cuddlebug, eats great, sleeps most of the time and we just can't get enough of him! Enjoy the pics of our son. :)
1 comment:
Oh so precious! I love reading this story again. Happy first birthday M!
Post a Comment